Monday 21 May 2012

5 Current Favourites/Recommendations

Hi fellow bloggers, greetings and howdy doody,
I'm so sorry about my recent abandonment but I'm back and everything is okay again! :) I've actually missed coming on blogspot and scouting round.. aka planning my next big shopping spree! I've got a million and one excuses of which I'm sure you'd politely decline to listen to. So lets get straight into my list of 5 current favourites and recommendations.

Disclaimer: There are so many other products I love at the moment but I really wanted to condense it into a list of 5 as then it was short and to the point. Enjoy!


1. Bourjois Paris 1,2,3 Foundation
Definitely not going to rattle on about this product as I did a full review not too long ago but it has without a doubt been a firm favourite since I purchased it, I absolutely adore this foundation! It's liquid but sets powdery but isn't cakey... my goodness it's just amazing! It's actually fairly expensive for a drugstore foundation though, last time I checked it was about £11.99 which although it is worth it I do wish they'd lower the price a little! But hey-ho, beauty costs!




2. Real Techniques Core Collection by Samantha Chapman
What can I say that you haven't heard before? Well... nothing. I totally understand the hype surrounding this product now I own it. Although I have to admit, whilst que-ing up to buy these I was a little skeptical, £21.99 on brushes is a little steep but when put into perspective, it's not extortionate rates. You'd spend that on one brush from somewhere like Sigma or MAC. I'm so glad I took the plunge though! These are super soft and unlike some of the other brushes I own it doesn't just take up the product, it keeps it on the tips allowing for maximum efficiency. I have yet to use the tiny foundation brush because I've been just using the buffing brush for my foundation but the three I have used have been well worth the money.

I'd post a picture here but mine are all messy so here's the retail picture, ahhhh new brushes!



3. Bourjois Paris Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Rose Innocence
I adore this lipstick, it's such a 'your lips but better' colour and makes my smackers look lovely and kissable, mwah! just kidding! but I really do love it, I wear it mostly to work and if I'm feeling adventurous I might wear it at college but to be honest it's barely recognisable on my lips. It looks pretty natural and girly. 
I'm really sorry about the rubbish gimpy photo, I didn't realise how odd I looked until I'd uploaded it.




4. My Bourjois Paris Magic Nail Polish Remover
This is so perfect for someone like me, who's always on the go and although I love nail polish I hate having to take it off and reapply it... BOOOOORING. All I have to do now is stick my nail in the pot, give it a twist and the nail varnish is gone! The best thing about it is that you're hands don't even smell like nail polish remover afterwards, it takes a few seconds and the scent turns into this lovely fruity perfume. It's like someone took everything I hate and made me hate it a little less. Win. 
I just picked this up on a whim and it totally floats my boat.


 
5. Topshop Lipstick in Hedonist
As many of you know, I'm a sucker for Topshop make up, the packaging, the price and the products all intake me, I find it difficult to pick up something I don't like. This time it's yet another orange lipstick with a more red undertone. 
As you can see from the packaging this is more of an actual 'stick' product as appose to their 'lips' range which is the classic wind up product most of us refer to as 'lipstick', how confusing! I actually prefer this kind of packaging as it allows for more precise application, which is especially useful with bright colours like these. 
The product is fairly long lasting and looks so stunning on, I believe it's £8 as well so a real bargain in my eyes. 



So that's it for my current favourites and recommendations, I've tried to sling a bit of variation in there but it's not difficult to see what my favourite brands are, sorry about that! 
I hope you guys like and please comment and tell me your favourites as I'm always up for trying out new things and it gives me an excuse to splash some cash.

Much love,

B x

6 comments:

  1. I love that Bourjois foundation too<33 It gives such a nice finish, its just amazing!! :D

    Check out my blog??
    http://missjammyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so amazing isn't it! :)

      you're blog is so cool, i just spent like half an hour sifting through it haha :)

      b x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I am tempted by almost everything you have recommended! Also you look gorgeous in your photos, I'm not brave enough to show my ugly mug haha

    smazsays.blogspot.co.uk

    Sarah

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you're so lovely.
      and you really should! i bet you're beaut hahaa

      b x

      Delete
  3. you are so pretty :-)
    love the look of that topshop lipstick the most
    <3
    Caroline

    http://www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :)
      it's amazing! hahaa

      just checked out your blog and it's so cool :)

      b x

      Delete