Sunday 25 March 2012

Distressed mess (MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee)

So, I recently purchased my first ever MAC cosmetic. I guess I've never really gone for having MAC before because I find it to be over priced and I didn't really want to fork over a lot of money for a make up product I wasn't sure I'd like. However, I am the biggest punter in the world and after watching loads of MAC reviews I decided to take the plunge and it came at the perfect time as I'd ran out of my usual eye liner.


I have to say that firstly, my visit to MAC wasn't one I'd say I enjoyed. The 'make up artists' were quite snooty and the atmosphere in general wasn't very welcoming. Anyway, I did end up buying a MAC eye pencil in coffee for £12.50 which considering I generally just use high street eyeliners like Rimmel is an incredible amount so I have to admit I was expecting great things for the price. 
The eyeliner itself is a really pretty and natural chocolate brown colour which I love. It's so girly and I'm not normally someone who likes brown eyeliner but this one really caught my eye.
When I first applied it I was so impressed, it looks so casual but pretty and I thought that straight away it was going to become a make up bag staple. I applied it to my waterline and a thin line on my eyelid just to give a really awake and fresh look, another comment I do have to make is that the pencil is incredible soft when you apply it. It's almost a kind of moose, definitely not a rough as some of the high street brands I've used in the past.
But. After just a few hours it looked dreadful, my eyes looked worn down and the eyeliner had smudged like crazy so all in all I'm pretty disappointed. I would hasten to mention that I have only used it a few times so I'm going to keep trying it out and see whether I'm just using it wrong or I was having a particularly bad make up day (it happens to us all) so I'll keep you guys updated on any changed but for the moment I'd definitely recommend that you save your money and stay away from this product.
Anyway, I'll leave some swatches and a picture of the product below. If you guys have tried this product and have something to say then please let me know what you thought and what MAC products would you recommend to a new user? 
Thanks for reading and if you like my blog then leave some comments, follow me and if you do any cool blogs then let me know and I'll definitely check those out.

- B x

2 comments:

  1. I'm a makeup newbie and your review is very helpful to me! I like how your blog is set up! Please check out my blog!
    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thanks so much for the lovely comment! you're blog is so cute and trendy i just had to follow it :)

      Delete