Tuesday 27 March 2012

Sheer disappointment (Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint)

Hey guys!
So I absolutely love my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish so when I bought a new bottle (I must be on my third big bottle by now, oops haha!) I decided to try out the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint for £21 and because I'm ridiculously pale I got mine in the bare 01 skin tone. One upside to this product is that it has SPF 15 which is always great for keeping your skin protected.
Although, I've used it four times up to now and I have to say, I'm not impressed.
If any of you live in the UK then you'll know we've had pretty decent weather the past few days so I thought it would be the perfect time to try out my new tinted moisturizer as my regular foundation was feeling a bit cakey and heavy in the lovely sun. The first time I applied it I have to admit that the coverage and the colour was perfect. I loved it! Although, it felt really wet on my skin and I added powder in order to kind of dry it out and make it stick.
This didn't help! The product felt sticky and heavy on my skin and even after 10-15 minutes the feeling did go down a little but it felt really strange and moist still. To demonstrate how wet the product is, when I got to college I hugged someone and it left a foundation stain on their glasses!
I mean, fair enough, if I had tonnes on or if I was sweating then it might be a bit more acceptable but I genuinely wasn't and it's not a problem I've ever had with any other products.
I do have combination to oily skin so maybe the product is better for those with dry skin but personally I think you can get a lot better products for a hell of a lot cheaper!
There are also other downsides to this product, it definitely doesn't have long staying power and after about 4 hours my skin was practically bare. Also the colour range is really limited, anyone with darker skin or someone who has black skin wouldn't be able to find a suitable shade, as far as I know they only do 3 variations and they don't differ much in pigmentation.
However, my skin does feel very moisturized and soft so I'm probably going to use mine as a base coat under my foundation as it is very good but the coverage and staying power is just horrendous.
I did do my research and checked out the reviews on the Liz Earle website and they all seem really positive but then after checking out some independent reviewers I found that most people were having the same issues.
So my verdict is, if you have slightly oily skin like mine... save don't spend! This product is seriously just not worth it. However it's worth getting a sampler if you have quite dry skin because I can see it looking fab on the right skin type.

Thanks for reading guys and if you have any comments, any reviews or even a blog you want me to check out then leave a comment below :) Don't forget to follow!

- B x

No comments:

Post a Comment