Wednesday 11 April 2012

Spring Lipsticks

So as I said in my last post I went shopping on Saturday and I splurged! I must've spent like three hours in boots alone. 
This is just a short post about my two favourite finds, funnily enough they are 
both lipsticks, I don't know why but I'm loving lip products at the moment. They are both quite bright and similar so I thought I'd just talk about them both in the same post, here it goes...

Disclaimer: None of these products are from companies who test ingredients or final products on animals.

 
1. Models Own Matte Hyper Brite Lipstick in Orangeade

This was the first of the two which I purchased and the main reason I bought this was because I read in GLAMOUR magazine that brunettes with brown eyes should try orange lipsticks as they are suppose to look super flattering so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did! Its so pretty and really brightens up my look. 

The lipstick glides on and you don't even need to use lip pencil which makes it an easy
 fix if you're in a rush. The lipstick is super soft and although it is orange is has more of a coral finish when compared to Infrared by Topshop which is more of a red colour. 
It's not super smudge proof but it stays on well without reapplication.

Here are some pictures I took to show you guys...




2. Topshop Lips in Infrared

So this is the second Lipstick and it is from my beloved Topshop! I absolutely adore Topshop make up packaging, it's adorable and I think it's definitely my favourite packaging. 
So tbh, I was sucked into loving this lipstick before I even tried it but it didn't disappoint.
It's more red than orange but not too bright that it lights up a room which means I personally can wear it without feeling self conscious.
It's got more of a silk finish than the Models Own Lipstick which means it is a little more dressed up. 
It's a small bullet like lippie so perfect for slinging in my purse on my way out of the house.
This is really quite high on the smudge proof scale, I'd give it about a 7 because it does tend to stay on but needs to be reapplied if you're eating and it only leaves a faint glass stain, which is probably the worst part of the lipstick.
Comparison photo
Like I said, they are quite similar but the subtle difference is what makes them both perfect for different occasions.


Hope you guys like my two current spring lipsticks and I'll be back again soon!

-B x

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea that either of these makeup brands were cruelty free! I'm pleased though as I've read so many good reviews about Topshop makeup so I will def pop those on the list. I'm eagerly awaiting your cruelty free post :)

    The lipsticks really suit you- I'm not brave enough to try orangey colours. Any idea what Glamour says about light brown hair and green eyes?!

    smazsays.blogspot.co.uk

    Sarah

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither did I until I went into the shops and asked! It made my day haha. I'm just building up a list at the moment :) The topshop make up is actually really good value for money, it's like high end make up but for less money. Bargain!

    Aww thank you! Thats so lovely of you :) I never thought of trying orange lipstick before but I actually love it. I think it said any kind of nude rosey colour but here's a link to a site that might help you :)
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4540483_lipstick-color.html

    Thanks for commenting! :)

    -B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check your blog everyday to see if there's a new post:)
    love topshop make up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so lovely! Thank you :) I'll be posting a haul tonight and a few reviews which include top shop make up so I hope you like it! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours of the lipsticks! and they really suit you! xx

    ReplyDelete