Wednesday 4 April 2012

MAC no more.

So as you all have probably heard MAC have been taken off the cruelty free PETA list. 
I'm not actually someone who concentrates on whether or not a product has been tested on animals because to be brutally honest, I never actually knew animals suffered for what we use.
I sound so stupid saying this but I discovered it about 3 days ago and I'm absolutely horrified.

As soon as I watched the PETA videos and read some articles about it I felt like such a horrible human being. I was literally crying to my mum about it (which convinced her to go cruelty free too!) and I came to the decision that I will use up all the products I have, because it's no really that helpful if I just throw it all away and it's a waste of my money, once all the product has gone I'll only purchase things from a cruelty free company. I am so upset that MAC went back on their anti animal testing pledge in mid March, if I knew this I probably wouldn't have bought their eye pencil. I'm going to try my best to only review and buy cruelty free products from now on. :)

I hope some of you guys agree with this but obviously I don't want to make anyone change their opinion because of something I believe.

Anyway, I'm going shopping on Saturday because I've ran out of so many products :( I'm thinking of getting the Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua foundation so stay tuned for a review of that within the next week or so. I'm also going to be visiting LUSH and getting a lot of new shampoos, conditioners and skin treatments so I might do a quick haul of what I buy later on Saturday. 

Love you all!

-B x

4 comments:

  1. As a pescetarian (veggie who eats fish) of 18 months, I really should go cruelty free too. I have never purchased anything from MAC *shock horror* and now after reading this, I doubt I will. What annoys me the most is their u-turn. It would appear that decision to go cruelty free in the first place was nothing more than a PR stunt.

    On an unrelated note: thank you so much for following my blog- I really appreciate it and I will be trying to make my posts more regular!

    Sarah

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought exactly the same! I've lost so much respect for the MAC brand!

      And you're welcome, I randomly came across your blog and I found myself reading post after post, it's really good! :)

      B xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, that means alot! I'm actually just having a little play around with the layout and background- I'm no good with that sort of stuff though!

      I have just followed you back :)

      Also do you know the best (and cheapest) cruelty free brands? Would love to see more about that!

      xx

      Delete
  2. haaha me neither, it took me about a day to change mine! :')
    Thank you! That's so nice of you :)
    I was lookin into this yesterday and I found out E.L.F and lush are both cruelty free which is amazing since E.L.F is incredibly cheap and loads of bloggers rate it :) I'm going to keep looking into it and I might do a post about it :)

    -B xxx

    ReplyDelete